10 Incredible Health Benefits of Moringa Seeds
Here are 10 health benefits of moringa seeds:
1. Improves Sleep“Steep moringa leaves in hot water for 15 minutes and drink it before you go to bed for a good night’s rest. It helps you slip into slumber at night, and in turn will leave you energised to tackle the day,” says Dr. Choudhary, Max Hospital.
2. High in Fiber“Moringa seeds are high in fibre, and help in moving food along your digestive system,” says Delhi-based Nutritionist Anshul Jaibharat.
3. Regulate Blood Sugar LevelsDr. Ahuja says, “Moringa seeds are a great source of zinc and can regulate blood sugar levels which can help manage or even prevent diabetes.”
4. Great Source of Iron“Did you know that a single serving of moringa has almost three times the amount of iron as spinach? This is especially important for vegetarians/vegans or those who suffer from low iron issues, as the body needs iron to enrich the blood and carry oxygen to our muscles, organs and tissues,” adds Dr. Choudhary.
5. Reduces Joint Pain
Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, Clinical Operations and Coordination Manager at Baidyanath says, “Moringa seeds make for a great supplement of calcium and help those suffering from joint pain. They help in reducing inflammation and severe bone disorders like arthritis.”
6. Lowers Cholesterol“Some plants have been known to reverse bad cholesterol and according to research, moringa is among them,” says Dr. Divya, Max Super Speciality Hospital.7. Induces Death of Cancer CellsDr. Ahuja says, “Moringa seeds are well known for their anti-carcinogenic effects. They can stop the growth and development of cancer cells by accelerating their death count.”
8. Promotes Heart Health“Scientists have proved that moringa seeds can reduce the amount of oxidised lipids in our body and take care of our cardiac health by safeguarding the heart tissues from constructional damages,” says Dr. Choudhary.9. Powerhouse of Antioxidants“The oil extracted from moringa seeds contains almost 30 antioxidants. It contains vitamins A, B-complex, C and other free radical busters that save our body from severe oxidative damage. In other words, these antioxidant properties of moringa seeds can take care of our overall health”, says Dr. Choudhary.